Monday, November 28, 2016

Arthur Holmer Thanksgiving 2016

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year as it’s the opportunity for Robin’s and my family to get together, share a meal, and reflect upon things that our combined families are thankful for.  2016 could have been a year of many challenges for Robin and me, but it’s turned into a time of learning, growing and to cherishing the small things that bring the greatest joy in life.

This year was my mom and dad’s turn to host the gathering in their Skokie home.  As you can see by the photos, the table was packed with all of the foods that one might expect at a Thanksgiving feast. One of my friends asked if we had any traditional foods from the Ukraine in honor of the Holmer family roots.  The truth is we didn’t, but I can definitely see Varenyky, a traditional dumpling filled with mashed potatos and minced meat fitting right in at next year’s Thanksgiving table!

I hope that you and your family had a Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, joy and good food!

The extended Holmer family fully invested in Thanksgiving Dinner!
Mom and my lovely sister-in-law!

My lovely wife, Robin, and her dad.
Arthur Holmer and Robin Holmer in the Holmer home in Skokie.


My incredible physician-for-a-sister!






No comments:

Post a Comment